Saturday, April 11, 2020

Street Art Muralists Arrested in Myanmar

Screen Shot of the Mural, Kachin State, Myanmar.
(undated).
© 2020 Myitkyina News Journal
Human Rights Watch reports that Buddhist ultranationalists have attacked a health information mural in Kachin State, Myanmar, and that the muralists have been arrested under a statue that prohibits 'insuling religion.' The nationalists had complained that the mural's depiction of the figure of Death, spreading the novel coronavirus, wore garb resembling that of a Buddhist monk.

The work, since painted over, show three medical workers reaching out to grab the arm of a personified beleaguered globe of the Earth, surrounded by the octopus like tentacles of a large green virus. Death tosses viruses into the air; one virus spews out, it would appear, copies of itself,  like a rapacious demon. (It is possible that the image of the green spiky virus is borrowed from imagery in public health campaigns in nearby Vietnam.)




2 comments:

  1. HERPES 
    God bless Doctor Dr. DADA for helping me cure my herpes disease. Brethren, I have suffered from herpes for a long period of time, i have tried so many remedies, but none seems to work. But I had contact with a herbal doctor who I saw so many people testifying on how they were all cured of their various diseases and viruses by this doctor. So I explained my entire problem to him, and he promised to cure me. So I gave him all the benefit of doubt, and behold he prepared the herbal mixture, and sent it to me in my country. Today, I am proud to say I am herpes free, and my life has been restored to normal. So in case you are out there suffering from herpes and other diseases or viruses, I want to tell you to quickly contact: Dr DADA for your cure. His email is [drdadaspellhome7@gmail.com]  OR Whatsapp  +2349023126215 

    ReplyDelete
  2. UNBELIEVABLE QUICK HERPES CURE BY HERBALIST RAZOR. VISIT HERBALIST RAZOR WEBSITE :

    https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    Hello!!! I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr Razor rendered to me,I was diagnosed with HSV 2 on July 7, 2017 and I have tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum concerning herbal doctor Dr Razor, who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases/Infection including Herpes Simplex virus Type 2, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email, He assured me of a cure, he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me instructions on how to use it, I applied it as instructed, i was cured of this deadly virus within 18 days of usage,he told me to go for a medical check up and i went for test, I couldn't believe i was negative and the HERPES VIRUS in my body got cured, I and my family are so happy and grateful to God for using Dr Razor to Liberate me. Reach Out to this great herbal doctor via his email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com Whatsapp or call him on +234 90 6542 0442

    ReplyDelete